WilliamK

Farmer's will use electric everything when they produce there own solar power for electric vehicles running on their farms every day. We have more all electric farm machinery built by manufactures everyday like, tractors, trucks, pickups, UTV, ATV, Skid steers, loaders, TMR units, etc. If a question by someone needs a answer, for their electric farm operation, Maybe we can cover it. So is your farm ready for a electric tractor and which horsepower should you get?

Last edited:
So lets say a small homestead owner ask a question on what he should use for his truck farm. I want to use the lowest cost, least labor, and small electric tractor at 40 hp to replace a old worn out tractor to till onion beds. My answer would say he needs to look at solar power to get to the lowest operating cost that is sustainable and use some new weeding tool that is here in this video.

Last edited:
Got a call about how large of a electric tractor a small 160 acre farm should get. They have solar panels on the roof of the tool shed and barn. I emailed them this video of a 50 hp electric tractor working larger farm equipment. Yes there is larger ones with up to 200 horsepower. The tractor is manufactured by Solectrac LLC in California.

Last edited:
Another question from a farmer wanting solar fence and irrigation in the same field and is it possible? Yes, the linear irrigation fits the vertical solar fence as all are alined to travel and face in the same row direction.

Last edited:
Had a few requests for a list of electrical equipment to run on a off-grid solar powered farm. Here is my new 2023 list.

Attachments

• Electric equipment for farm use 2022 - Copy.pdf
    142.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 2023 Top TEN Electric Tractor Models that have been sold into commerce worldwide and runs ever...pdf
    309.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Got a call about how large of a electric tractor a small 160 acre farm should get. They have solar panels on the roof of the tool shed and barn. I emailed them this video of a 50 hp electric tractor working larger farm equipment. Yes there is larger ones with up to 200 horsepower. The tractor is manufactured by Solectrac LLC in California.
William, I have heard that in the case of Electric trucks that they have achieved good power performance, but that their range is still limited. Is that the case ?

Good evening William, is Solectrac LLC the only company making electric tractors currently ? ____
Good Morning, Joe, There are two more electric tractors in the 65 horsepower range that are put together for the North American tractor market, one is the Hummingbird built in Ca for grove and orchard work and the other is Monarch from Ca. which you can order starting now as it will be shipped in the next few months. We also have a contract builder in Mo. that builds a 18.5 horsepower electric unit for greenhouses, homesteads, and estate lawn mowing for us in the lawn tractor market. Looks like the use of electric's for lawn care is moving up fast .

Last edited:
William, I have heard that in the case of Electric trucks that they have achieved good power performance, but that their range is still limited. Is that the case ?
Joe, the electric pick-up market is coming alive fast and Rivian was first with a range of 250 miles and will be extended to over 300 miles as the need arises. If you produce your own power at the farm or business, the electric vehicle becomes a no-brainner with no engine and drive train maintenance of ownership over the years. What I am hearing is that the battery technology is getting better and range will never be a problem.

Last edited:
That is great and makes sense for a truck primarily used for the farm. How about when a trip arises and I want to drive the truck from Illinois down to Kentucky for a wedding , or to Pennsylvania for a dance festival, or to Florida to thaw out during the winter ? :) Then the range might be an issue until there are more fast charging stations, right ? _____ thanks... Joe
Joe, the electric pick-up market is coming alive fast and Rivian was first with a range of 250 miles and will be extended to over 300 miles as the need arises. If you produce you own power at the farm or business, the electric vehicle becomes a no-brainier with no engine and drive train maintenance of ownership over the years. What I am hearing is that the battery technology is getting better and range will never be a problem.

Attachments

• lil green arbor truck.jpg
    lil green arbor truck.jpg
    599 KB · Views: 0
That is great and makes sense for a truck primarily used for the farm. How about when a trip arises and I want to drive the truck from Illinois down to Kentucky for a wedding , or to Pennsylvania for a dance festival, or to Florida to thaw out during the winter ? :) Then the range might be an issue until there are more fast charging stations, right ? _____ thanks... Joe
Joe, I just read in the news that the EV charging will cover those states twice to three times over within 1-2 years along major routes.

Last edited:
Joe, I just in the news that the EV charging will cover those states twice to three times over within 1-2 years along major routes.
Glad to hear that . So for now a long trip could be an issue, is that right ? __________ and What do you think of my custom design ladder racks ? _____ ( I designed it and hired a skilled welder and metal craft person to install it ) thanks.. joe

Good Morning, Joe, There are two more electric tractors in the 65 horsepower range that are put together for the North American tractor market, one is the Hummingbird built in Ca for grove and orchard work and the other is Monarch from Ca. which you can order starting now as it will be shipped in the next few weeks. We also have a contract builder in Mo. that builds a 18.5 horsepower electric unit for greenhouses, homesteads, and estate lawn mowing for us in the lawn tractor market. Looks like the use of electric's for lawn care is moving up fast .
Are there any dealers for those Electric Tractors in Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, Indiana, or Michigan ? _______________ I really like that blue color of the one model of those "solar powered" tractors . Almost the same as my non-EV truck :) Someday I hope this big blue truck can be converted to EV :)

Attachments

• Ram2003.biglots.clean1.jpg
    Ram2003.biglots.clean1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 0
Joe, Here is a company report on that Blue Electric tractor that you like.
thanks William , I will check that out. Very intriguing, and I am sure the tractor functions well, but the color combo of that tractor really catches my eye. I imagine some, not all , consumer consider that one factor when buying equipment.. I know that when I buy a car or truck, right or wrong, but color is definitely a factor , besides the obvious functional and reliability concerns when making large dollar purchases :) Cheers..

Was asked by a farmer/rancher if I would post the lateral irrigation system again that I worked with the Reinke engineers in Neb. Here is the post. They are working on a total solar powered irrigation system.

Attachments

• Irrigation in a Vertical Solar Fence System - Copy.pdf
    255.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Visited with T an L irrigation yesterday in Hasting Neb. and they say they also have a linear hose drag system for irrigation that will work with a solar fence and can be built for 480 volts to pump water and drive the system with solar produced power to water farm crops.

Jan 26 a new updated list of electric farm and construction equipment. New and larger horsepower tractors and equipment that makes farming fun again. It has been added below! Yes, Solar Fences make charging them a real big deal and increases the profit margin a farm can survive on.

Attachments

• 2023 Top TEN Electric Tractor Models that have been sold into commerce worldwide and runs ever...pdf
    309.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back