VictorianS

I am wondering about a regular irrigation schedule for a solar site that is also land for pasture. Many sites are used for sheep grazing, and besides the water totes for the animals, it is not yet obvious to me how the land itself is being irrigated. I am in a very dry, high desert climate so water is a huge necessity. I do not think a wheel-line or pivot system would work. Anyone have insight on this?

Hi. I'm new to this Forum & is interested in agrivoltaic projects in dry climate conditions. We have a land mass of 6000 hectare in the Tanqua Karoo region, Western Cape, South Africa. We (2 community trusts) receive rental income from a 110MW operating Wind Farm on our land. We are researching agrivoltaic project ideas for the next phase of development on the land in order to create jobs for the members. I hope to learn from this Forum over the next months in order to pin down specific agrivoltaic projects ideas for implementation.

Hi. I'm new to this Forum & is interested in agrivoltaic projects in dry climate conditions. We have a land mass of 6000 hectare in the Tanqua Karoo region, Western Cape, South Africa. We (2 community trusts) receive rental income from a 110MW operating Wind Farm on our land. We are researching agrivoltaic project ideas for the next phase of development on the land in order to create jobs for the members. I hope to learn from this Forum over the next months in order to pin down specific agrivoltaic projects ideas for implementation.
Do you think you will focus on crops/plants or have animals on the property?

Hi Victoria. We are currently investigating;
i) a small livestock project consisting of 300 African Specked Goats. The overnight and lambing facilities will present opportunities for rooftop PV generation.
ii) Vegetable & Fruit production (olives or pomegranates or figs) under shade-cloth with overhead PV generation.
iii) An indoor production facility for mushrooms and medical cannabis.

It is early days; and we are currently in the planning stages. I will first familiarize myself with the literature as on this Site, and then build strategic relations with the Team.

Members online

No members online now.
Back