Paul Creme

Valent Engineering is my design firm specializing in small ground-mounted photovoltaic projects. I am passionately aligned with agrivoltaics and community solar and would be delighted to support projects through any phase of the lifecycle. I am equipped to provide preliminary site assessment and feasibility studies, generation modelling, utility interconnection and building permit application, complete system design, construction support and most other engineering services needed. Please get in touch if you'd like to discuss.

I have an extensive background in utility-scale solar across the country, and have designed projects of residential-, commercial- and utility-scale for the past 15 years. I am licensed and equipped to support projects all over the US.

Paul Creme, P.E. / Principal
paul@valentengineering.com / 717-209-0519

Valent Engineering is my design firm specializing in small ground-mounted photovoltaic projects. I am passionately aligned with agrivoltaics and community solar and would be delighted to support projects through any phase of the lifecycle. I am equipped to provide preliminary site assessment and feasibility studies, generation modelling, utility interconnection and building permit application, complete system design, construction support and most other engineering services needed. Please get in touch if you'd like to discuss.

I have an extensive background in utility-scale solar across the country, and have designed projects of residential-, commercial- and utility-scale for the past 15 years. I am licensed and equipped to support projects all over the US.

This is great, Paul. We can't recommend one company over another but it is great to know that you do this work and can connect with folks. Do you have one area of the company that you work with, specifically?

Where are you located ? _______________ I am seeking mentors to learn more about designing agri-voltaics solar systems

This is great, Paul. We can't recommend one company over another but it is great to know that you do this work and can connect with folks. Do you have one area of the company that you work with, specifically?
Stacie, I'm the only one at Valent, so I do most of everything from drafting, design and engineering, project management, etc. I have a network of partners who support me with civil, structural and medium voltage electrical engineering.

I'm based in Colorado, USA. I have experience on the PV design side of things, reach out if you have any particular topics to discuss.
sounds good Paul . Which solar software do you suggest that a newbie to solar energy learn first ? I have heard of things like helioscope, aurora, pvcase, and so on.

sounds good Paul . Which solar software do you suggest that a newbie to solar energy learn first ? I have heard of things like helioscope, aurora, pvcase, and so on.
Those are all good ones. They vary between ease of use, complexity of model and cost to run. I believe you can sign up for free trial periods for most. HelioScope will give you quick results estimating a layout and system production, but not with a very sharp pencil. PVSyst can provide very detailed generation modelling, but requires a bit of learning to operate it effectively. PVCase is probably the most expensive license to carry, and can speed up large and sophisticated sites. But for smaller, simpler sites, a combination of AutoCAD and PVsyst would probably arrive at the same result with more effort, but lower cost.

Those are all good ones. They vary between ease of use, complexity of model and cost to run. I believe you can sign up for free trial periods for most. HelioScope will give you quick results estimating a layout and system production, but not with a very sharp pencil. PVSyst can provide very detailed generation modelling, but requires a bit of learning to operate it effectively. PVCase is probably the most expensive license to carry, and can speed up large and sophisticated sites. But for smaller, simpler sites, a combination of AutoCAD and PVsyst would probably arrive at the same result with more effort, but lower cost.
thanks so much Paul for the incredible insight. When I get some time I will have to take a look at these tools, perhaps they have some tutorials on youtube ?

Members online

No members online now.
Back